My doctor gave me a short list of what I should take since I have Familial Hemiplegic Migraines, and I thought I’d share it with you. These are vitamins to help with our bodies and hopefully keep those debilitating migraines away.
- Magnesium- take 200 to 400 mg daily.
- Riboflavin (B2)- at least 25 mg, but can safely take up to 400 mg daily.
- Co-enzyme Q10-300mg daily.
- Feverfew- take 100 mg daily.
- Migrelief- is a combination OTC supplement comprising magnesium, riboflavin, and feverfew in one tablet.
Here are a few things you can do to help with your migraines. These are nondrug treatments for chronic or frequent headaches.
- Avoid dietary triggers. There are many of these but mostly MSG(monosodium glutamate) and nitrates/nitrites. They are in many processed foods as taste enhancers.
- Avoid caffeine. Caffeine contributes to migraines by withdrawal.
- Be aware that many OTC and prescriptions medications used for treating headaches have caffeine in them.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise helps prevent migraines and tension headaches.
- Biofeedback, acupuncture, acupressure and relaxation techniques have proven helpful to those with migraines.
- Alpha-Stim: This is an electrical therapy which is like TENS therapy but is more helpful for headache patients.